Saturday, July 30, 2011

belly buttons and broccoli.....

Lately, Wyatt has enjoyed entertaining us with stories that neither of us quite understand.  It usually sounds something like "unt, unt, aaaaah".  We still haven't figured out the significance of these words, but it must be important because he sure says them a lot!

Recently we were on vacation with my family in South Haven and stopped at a restaurant where most of the menu consisted of fried food.  So we opted for getting Wyatt some broccoli to go along with some fish.  I have given Wyatt broccoli plenty of times, but being a first time mom, I usually hack it into the tiniest pieces so he won't choke!  But I thought I'd see what he did if I just gave him the whole "tree".  Needless to say, it was a hit... 

I love his shrieks of delight when he gets something completely new or in a different way...like the "tree" or this morning with a strip of toast with PB and banana.  He is just so amazed by new things...LOVE it!


Wyatt also loves to put EVERYTHING in his mouth...like his little owl, Ollie.
And another fun little story about Wyatt...about a month ago, I was in the kitchen cleaning or something and Wyatt was playing in the pack-n-play.  By "playing" I mean, throwing every single toy out of the pack-n-play and waiting for me to put them back in again.  Well, I realized that he had gotten super quiet, which never happens.  So I thought something was wrong...  The picture below will show you what I found...

Wyatt discovers his belly button!  And is now COMPLETELY obsessed with it!

This is how I often find him now...he really will do this anywhere...shows strangers...if all else fails, just show 'em the belly button...



1 comment:

  1. Just wait til he discovers that body part that dangles a little lower than the belly button. It'll be fun when he starts showing that off.

    ReplyDelete

3 blessings

3 blessings